is a performer, composer, and media artist on the faculty of the Department of Music at Brown University, where he co-directs MEME (Multimedia & Electronic Music Experiments @ Brown) and the Ph.D. program in Computer Music and Multimedia. Rovan's work features custom-designed interactive systems for musical performance and visual media. Read more...
Lucky Leone and I performed Slim Jim Choker, for spoken word and interactive typewriter, in London and Copenhagen summer 2012. The London concert was part of the 2012 CMMR (Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval) International Symposium, and was held in London's historic Wilton's Music Hall. The Copenhagen performance was part of the 2012 SMC (Sound and Music Computing) conference, and was held at the Overgaden Institute of Contemporary Art. Click here for more info on Slim Jim Choker.
Let us imagine a straight line was featured at the 14th WRO Media Art Biennale, in Wroclaw, Poland, May 10 - June 19. Click here to see a video interview I did while in Wroclaw for the show.
Other 2011 projects and performances include:
- Let us imagine a straight line featured on ISEA2011 Istanbul online gallery. Click here to view (second screen of the gallery site).
- Upcoming Slim Jim Choker performance at the Third Practice Electroacoustic Music Festival, Richmond, Virginia (November 2011).
- New work Office Hours, with Lucky Leone, premiered at Pixilerations Festival (September 2011).
- Correspondences featured at Brandeis BEAMS concert (April 2011) and University of Oregon Sonic Rain concert series (May 2011).
- Interview with George Lewis. Click here to see it.